Logo

Mercruiser 4.3L MPI- has ongoing 02 sensor “Legacy” alarm on VessleView, even after replacement

Airflowdoctor

I have a 2012 Mercruiser 4.3MPI that I have added VesselView for monitoring and diagnostics. Last summer I got an oxygen sensor failure alert, both a beep and a message on the VesselView for sensor S2. It wasn’t clear to me which sensor that was specifically. I started out replacing the dirtiest (aft) of the two sensors on the starboard side (“S” in “S2”?). That didn’t clear the alarm on the VesselView so I moved the new sensor around and in no location did the alert clear. I ended up replacing the aft O2 sensors on both the port and starboard sides. After that I get no beeps on startup or while running and the engine runs great. However I still get this “17-Legacy” alarm.

It is unclear to me if the alarm actually exists or if it is fixed but to clear it I need the factory technicians tool. Generally with an automotive OBD tool you can reaet any alarm, but it will come back if still there. There is no reset with VesselView. The support for the VesselView is not very good. I’d expect alerts would be explained but I’ve not been able to find a code list for this engine. It is not even clear to me if S2 is a starboard sensor or not. I’ve had other codes, like a low out drive fluid, but they have always cleared when corrected. Any help would be appreciated.

Back