Logo

Honda Outboard maintenance schedule

Greenough21

Recently purchased a boat with a 2022 Honda BF250. We use the boat a lot so I try to do a lot of the maintenance myself to avoid down time. I’m used to having Yamahas which have a pretty detailed maintenance schedule and designated service kits. I’m finding that Honda is kind of an a la carte menu in this aspect. Anyways, does anyone have a detailed maintenance schedule for this motor? Just trying to find when to change the water pump is proving challenging. Thanks in advance.

Recently purchased a boat with a 2022 Honda BF250. We use the boat a lot so I try to do a lot of the maintenance myself to avoid down time. I’m used to having Yamahas which have a pretty detailed maintenance schedule and designated service kits. I’m finding that Honda is kind of an a la carte menu in this aspect. Anyways, does anyone have a detailed maintenance schedule for this motor? Just trying to find when to change the water pump is proving challenging. Thanks in advance.
If you like doing your own work, I'd highly reccomend buying the actual Honda service manual for your engine.

It also lists all the intervals your wanting.

Your owners manual will have the maintenance schedule. If you didn’t get one when you purchased the boat they can be found on line free.

Several years ago, I made a detailed maintenance schedule for my BF 225. It is likely nearly equally applicable to your BF 250 except the part numbers and page references to the shop manual will be different. I've attached a copy.

If you want to take this and update it for your BF 250, send an e-mail to me at [email protected] and I will return the Excel file for you to modify.

Attachments

• Maintenance Schedule Honda BF 200 and BF 225 UPDATED.pdf
    145.5 KB · Views: 8
Back