Logo

Trim/tilt pump

455bird

I bought a 1984 boat with a mercury 900 engine
The tilt trim was not working. They had the line pinched and was leaking really bad.
The pump has a reverse lock on it and 4ea lines coming off it
Can someone please identify this pump so I know what I need to order

Serial # of the motor ?----Best to do a complete evaluation of this motor first.-----No need to spend money on the replacement pump if it just needs simple repairs.

Hook up the power to the motor and press the buttons to see if it runs, the hoses are available online - you need 4 two small ones and 2 large; there's a knob on the front for the reverse lock.
If the motor is OK oil should be pumped out of the lines; replace them and bleed.
trimpump.jpg
power-trim-bleedingsmall.jpg

Hooked up pump today and it runs in both directions
Pump call for 20w oil on the side of it, the last person was running power trim/ steering fluid. Talked to a boat shop and they said run any oil in it and you will be fine? Any thoughts on that?

BTW can not find the serial number on the motor anywhere there is a white tag on the front of it that has only this info, the rest of the tag is missing
1976 M00
pickup 4*
Max spark
TA 5000
Sorry picture is backwards

Well my fun continues
I opened up the motor housing today for the first time and found all the wiring is corroded and the protective outer cover on the wires is falling off.
I could repair it, but I wish I could find a new one

Back