Logo

Recent content by DHackl52

  1. D

    Inductive Tach Setting for Honda BF25D

    I have a 2007 Honda BF25D and I’m a little confused on the tach setting I should use. It’s an inexpensive inductive tach that wraps on spark plug. Engine is a carb’d 4 stroke 3 cylinder. Is it 1 pulse per revolution? The options the instructions are for 4 stoke 4 and 2 cylinder engines
  2. D

    Honda BF25D 2007 Cylinder 3 Issue

    Figured I’d come back and update. Main jet on bottom cylinder was totally clogged. Also the float bowl on the top cylinder was clogged where the starter enrichment feeds in. Issues were totally solved and now the engine fires right up
  3. D

    Honda BF25D 2007 Cylinder 3 Issue

    Actually I was wrong. I had the wires crossed. All three pulsars measured within spec at or around 680. Kinda stumped here. Worth digging into the CDI tests or give the carburetor a shot?
  4. D

    Honda BF25D 2007 Cylinder 3 Issue

    JGMO - would you recommend using something like De-ox it on the crimp connections under CDI cover?
  5. D

    Honda BF25D 2007 Cylinder 3 Issue

    Also the spark plugs are brand new, they were changed the first time I brought the motor in about 2 months ago (well according to the dealer). I’ve ran the boat a few times and it’s idled quite a bit while I’ve messed with it in my driveway but that’s about it. I’ll try the seafoam
  6. D

    Honda BF25D 2007 Cylinder 3 Issue

    Thank you guys for the suggestions! I have not checked timing or valve clearance yet as the meter came in early. I went ahead checked the resistance on the following Ignition coil 3: primary .21 (within spec) Secondary 3.3K (within spec) Ignition pulse generator/exciter...
  7. D

    Honda BF25D 2007 Cylinder 3 Issue

    Thank you for the info! I have ordered a meter and I’m waiting for it should be here this week. Did some research and I think it was a good choice. Since I have the manual I figured I’d get started going down the list… Pulled the plugs today and tested compression. #1 190 #2 195 #3 190...
  8. D

    Honda BF25D 2007 Cylinder 3 Issue

    Yes I ordered the shop manual and the carb Manual and they have just arrived. Definitely disappointed in the dealer, but not really surprised either. They did not charge me for the second trip when they didnt resolve the issue. They said “sometimes these dash post valves can cause problem like...
  9. D

    Honda BF25D 2007 Cylinder 3 Issue

    Hey guys I recently got a 2007 BF25D from my grandfather. It had been in storage for almost 10 years. It has only 160 hours on it. I brought it to my local Honda shop. They did a complete overhaul of the carbs. They also did all of the recommended services impeller, engine oil, gear oil...
Back
Top