Logo

Recent content by Soundear

  1. S

    Engine Compression Low

    I have an update for anybody who saw my previous posts. The past few months, I've had strange problems with my 1998 C115 TLRW 2 stroke outboard that run's great for a little while, then suddenly sputters and stalls. Restarting the engine is hit or miss - unless you wait a difficult 10 plus...
  2. S

    Engine Compression Low

    I own a 1998 C115 Yamaha 2 Stroke. I seemed to have solved one issue while uncovering another. Suspecting the motor was starving from fuel supply as my primer began to flatten, it was suggested by Boscoe to eliminate the built in tank by using a portable one. I made the new connection to a...
  3. S

    C115 2 Stroke is starved of fuel after primer bulb flattens

    Yea, I appreciate the suggestion from someone with your experience. It makes sense; it does trap the problem at the built in tank if the portable tank proves to not flatten the primer bulb. I'm 99% sure the problem is upstream, but with all of the items from the bulb to the tank I checked and/or...
  4. S

    C115 2 Stroke is starved of fuel after primer bulb flattens

    I have a 1998 C115 TLRW Yamaha 2 Stroke that has been an excellent, dependable motor until recently. After replacing fuel line, primer bulb (2x), water separator, anti siphon valve on tank, pickup tube w/ inlet screen and checking tank vent is clear, it's an absolute mystery as to why the primer...
Back
Top