Logo

03 50TLRB fuel Issue

Wild—bill

I have an 03 50 TLRB that seems to have some sort of fuel issue I can’t figure out. The boat idles good and runs good on WOT. However mid range throttle it wants to bog down, though it will run fine on mid range throttle for a few runs. I’ve removed the carbs and cleaned them. I will be replacing the fuel pump and all fuel lines and filters this afternoon. I know I need to do a full carb rebuild but was trying to avoid that, but that’s the next step after the small stuff. Anyone have any ideas or advice for this? Is it likely a jet in the carb? I’d greatly appreciate it. I know my limitations and if I can’t get it right after carb rebuild I intent on taking it to the shop.

I have the same engine. I have a different question. Hopefully you can help me up on the engine is a four pin plug that works the alarm is it plugged in or unplugged? I’m told that it’s not used I plug mine in and the alarm goes off and engine goes into low RPM. Your help we appreciate it. Thanks.

A 50TLRB came with two ivory coloured four pin connectors that are to be connected to Yamaha gauges via a Yamaha wire harness. Those two connectors (one male and one female) do not connect together.

Are these the two connectors of which you speak?

Yes, it’s a four wire square plug. I only have one I do not have a trim gauge.
When I bought the boat, I noticed the plugs were disconnected as soon as I plugged it together. The alarm goes off as soon as I turn the key on if the plug is disconnected no alarm, but I’m concerned that the plug is disconnected. Will eliminate any alarms, because when the plug is disconnected when I turn the key on, I had nothing correct me if I’m wrong should I hear the alarm go off with the engine not running for a moment

Really appreciate your help. Thank you, Jim.

Back