Logo

2000 115 Evinrude Ficht

renjo

"I have a 2000 115 evinrude fi

"I have a 2000 115 evinrude ficht mounted on a R72 sport ranger bass boat. I bought both used last year and have had problems with the motor since I had it.
My problem is hard to start and stay running and sometimes idles very rough and not at all. After I hit about 1200 RPM no problem runs like a champ.
Been to three dealers last year and after $2500 later no change. That included a new upper and lower fuel pump new compasitor, new stator, and of course shop time. Compression is all perfect and the motor only had about 200 hrs when I bought it. I talked to the place that rebuilds the computer and they feel it is not a computer issue but would be happy to sell me a new one for $650.

I am at a loss and my wife said she don't want me spending more money on fixing it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Someone mentioned motor height and another mentioned dyno testing.

I know there has been issues in the past with this model motor have read plenty about them but would appreciate input. Thank You Pete in Wisconsin."

Anyone ever hear of this befor

Anyone ever hear of this before. Today I replaced the fuel/water filter and put a new primer bulb on it. just waiting for soft water to try it out. Still 2 1/2' feet of ice.

Back