Logo

Anyone else remove drive for winter storage?

04fxdwgi

Regular Contributor
Decided removing and storing drive in garage for winter is best solution for me.

Built this stand in about an hour, measured to fit so that I pull prop off, slide stand in, trim drive down, unbolt her and she slides right off the back of the boat. Zero lifting......................... What a back saver this was.... Total cost was
almost zip, except for 2 2x4's and a piece of 1x1 and the dolly I had lying around, but that cost less than 20 at the H Depot store a few years ago.

View attachment 3320 Drive Stand 2.JPGDrive Stand 3.JPG

Like Rick said, Why?
The boat sits real low to the ground on the trailer and need to keep drive trimmed up so I can raise the bow to aid draining and have the skeg clear the ground. I can now leave "drive down" so there no set on bellows, I can work on it during the winter and yes, to deter and evil thinkers. Have always removed the drive during the winter on every I/O I've had. Guess a little OCD

That sucks you've got the evil thinkers, I have an over sized garage I keep mine in and just set it on jack stands for the winter to have enough clearance to lower drive all the way down to relax the bellows.

That sucks you've got the evil thinkers, I have an over sized garage I keep mine in and just set it on jack stands for the winter to have enough clearance to lower drive all the way down to relax the bellows.

Hate to say it, but evil thinkers are everywhere, especially these days. If they don't have a problem steeling the copper flashing off a church or live power wires, a Bravo drive sitting for the winter is a gold mine. Wish I had the garage for the boat, but alas, I do not. The Harley get's the garage. The only way the boat would fit is if I got it going real fast.

Back