Logo

BF 2.3 Where is the Pilot Jet in the carburetor ?

bertsoutboard

New member
The Honda service manual appears to show the Pilot Jet accessible from the top of the carburetor body.
Do I have to remove the carburetor body cover (4 screws) to get at the Pilot Jet, and do I need any special tool to remove it ?

Thanks,
Bert
 
Yes, you have to remove the carburetor body cover (aka top of the carburetor). You should only need a needle nose to carefully twist it back and forth as you pull it out.

Mike
 
Never tried. I always take off the entire carburetor. You might be able to fix it with a short cut, but it may not really be that much easier.

Give it a try.

Mike
 
I tried to take it out (pilot jet) and broke the head (plastic). So 2 questions
- How to correctly take it out ?
- Do we need to take it out ?
- Do you it can work even if part of the plastic head is broken (and lost) ?

Thanks for your help
 
I tried to take it out (pilot jet) and broke the head (plastic). So 2 questions
- How to correctly take it out ?
- Do we need to take it out ?
- Do you it can work even if part of the plastic head is broken (and lost) ?

Thanks for your help
The head pilot jet is held by heat activated locktite, therefore, you should heat it up, and take the plastic off with pliers, and then adjust the pilot jet. From my experience you can work the pilot jet and the carburetor just fine, but it would be the best to buy the replacement part for the future.
 
Back
Top