Logo

cdi breaker points

48tony

Regular Contributor
hi all.i have been slowly replaceing many old parts on a 40 year old 60 hp esl.right now i have it all apart. i have new stator, cdi amp, rectofier , coil, starter silonoid. pretty much the hole ele and charging system has been replaced . the points that are on it look to be in good shape but was wondering if i should replace with new.i can get a set for short money as the price for new ones are 60 dollars a piece. i found some for 12 dollars a piece and they are omc. is this a no brainer if my old ones seem to look and work ok should i just use them.allso wondering if i should replace the 3 spark plug wires. and again these look to be ok .but 40 years old do they breakdown. what started to be a small project has lead to a full restoration.but i dont want to throw money out if i dont have to.kind of like if it is not broke dont fix it.and on the other hand i dont want it to break do to lack of maintance or just being old parts goin bad thank you tony

what about my plug wires should i change them or are they something that is changed if they only need to be do to frayed or brittle etc.

Back