Logo

Chrysler force 85

robc78

I'm trying to get it to run. It starts and idles. It will not accelerate or go into gear. I have muffs attached. Is water suppose to come out the exhaust port.?

Likely not running on all cylinders.----And start with posting the actual compression values here.-----Year / model # is ?

If you have a Chrysler?? Then maybe someplace on the lower part of the cowl is a small metal ID tag with the year and model and serial#.
No tag? on the side of the block, starboard side under the coils/pack, ignition stuff, is a foundry stamp.
It's a circle with number and maybe letters. The center will have the year of the block.

Starts and runs, dies: clean the carbs. Take pics of the carbs and the steps taken to clean.
IF???? something doesn't want to come apart?? Don't force it.
Some cleaners and carb soaks can melt the plastic and rubber used in the carbs.
A spray cleaner should be ok. Just don't let them set for any length of time.

No shift or accelerate. Bad cable or the shifter in the lower is corroded and locked in place.

I am concerned as to whether the water pump is working. Where is the water suppose to come out?

The accelerator works freely when engine is not running.

The water/exhaust should come out of the snout on the bottom of the cavitation plate.
There's a hole, maybe 2 in the cover for the mid section, there might be some water/smoke coming from there.
So if you run in a bucket?? you probably won't see the exhaust.
Too make sure the muffs are working? Duct tape them in place. Duct tape won't stick to a wet surface, make sure it's dry.

Back