Logo

diode kit?

48tony

Regular Contributor
hi ,I am going to retro fit this diode kit 583898 on my 1970 60 hp esl.after finding out that the starters tend to steal volts going to the cdi amp box when cranking.This diode kit allows the cdi amp box to get the full amount of volts when cranking.I dont have any info on this in my manual as this diode was not a stock part on this motor.does anyone have info on this retro fit diode kit 583898 I want to be positive that this is the part i need before i get it and hook it up. Allso on these older starters i have seen that some have 2 brushes and some have 4 brushes i was wondering if it made any difference between the 2 and 4 brush starters?i am trying to do preventive maintence for the cdi box as the price for them are about 300 hundred dollars and if there are things i can do in order to keep it in good working order i want to do so.thank you Tony

Interesting!!I personally have no idea,but would like to know also for future references.Im shure somone on here knows!Good Luck.

Well after looking for info on this diode i found a other part number it is omc383538 so i am a bit unsure witch one i need does anyone no ?

Back