Logo

johnson elecric shift. 60hp

48tony

Regular Contributor
hi guyies. i no the rule of thum with matching up these older ele shift lower units. find the same spline size there are 2 i no of fine type and the 4 spline. i have the 4. all so the amount of cylinders that it came from is key.i have a 3 cylinder. allso there was different types of electric shifts. hydro and a matic. i have the hydro. it works off ele silonoid in the lower case 2 wires make it work .her is my qus my controll box works with a leaver to select what gear i want. some of these ele units work off a push botton controll box . is this a lower unit i can use. does it work the same. 2 wires controll silonoid just works off a push botton system vs my leaver.. some tell me i can use this style some say no. is this the ele magnet lower unit. lookin for some info thanks

hi guyies. i no the rule of thum with matching up these older ele shift lower units. find the same spline size there are 2 i no of fine type and the 4 spline. i have the 4. all so the amount of cylinders that it came from is key.i have a 3 cylinder. allso there was different types of electric shifts. hydro and a matic. i have the hydro. it works off ele silonoid in the lower case 2 wires make it work .her is my qus my controll box works with a leaver to select what gear i want. some of these ele units work off a push botton controll box . is this a lower unit i can use. does it work the same. 2 wires controll silonoid just works off a push botton system vs my leaver.. some tell me i can use this style some say no. is this the ele magnet lower unit. lookin for some info thanks

the Johnson used a toggle switch in the control.---------The Evinrude used pushbuttons.--------------It is a marketing thing.------------------------The lower units all work the same and are interchangeable..----------------------They are very good and very reliable as well. If people start guessing and adjusting them then you can have major problems.------------Keep water OUT and they will work forever.

Back