Logo

Low fuel pressure 4 st 60hp 2010

fbriggs

2 fuel pumps installed still no fuel pressure. Is the fuel regulator the only thing that sets what pressure your merc needs. No leaks, oh also gaurdian system beeps 7 or 8 times when key turned on can't find any gaurdian beep codes on line,?? Vacuum fuel pump constant is-5 psi, bulb stays hard. Regulator N/A from merc till mid July.
Please any help would be appreciated.

It's rare you would need to change the regulator.

Is the fsm full of fuel ? There is a mechanical lift pump. And a float system. Have you checked to see if they are operational?

Good morning
That’s crazy I’m going through the exact same thing on my father-in-law’s boat. I just changed out the low pressure fuel pump the high-pressure fuel pump, spark plugs. The thing will start and idle, for about 15 or 20 seconds just fine, and then you hear the air start coming through the idle air solenoid, I can actually put my finger over the solenoid and it will stay running, but I think I’m just leaning it out as there is a delivery issue. I cleaned the screen at the top of the VsT tank out of the regulator. She will fall flat on her face if you try to give throttle… bulb is firm no leaks. Oh by the way this is on a 60 hp outboard mercury 2008 injected

Manual pump has 5-6 psi constantly. Installed new high pressure pump and psi actually dropped 5 psi to 25. Found a goo good used regulator. Pressure good 42 psi but now TPS bad. Trying to install new one, old TPS came right off but the new one won't go back on with intake in place. Almost seems like the TPS has to be turned in order to drop in over the shaft. And I can't turn the TPS with air box on. Do you know if the intake has to be removed and throttle body taken off to position the new TPS to slide over throttle body shaft.

It's rare you would need to change the regulator.

Is the fsm full of fuel ? There is a mechanical lift pump. And a float system. Have you checked to see if they are operational?
Yes all good manual has 5-6 psi running. Think it's the tps. But no one has ever changed on I guess can't get an answer on how to do it. Trying to find out if the throttle body has to be removed so you can preset the tps to .25- 1.0 v???
TPS won't go on with throttle body in air silencer box.

Back