Logo

tele flex volt gage wireing hook up.

48tony

Regular Contributor
Well this will be my 3-rd try asking about this.Hopefully someone can help me out.Ok what i am trying to do is find out how to wire this volt gage.I have a pergo batt switch on my boat with 2 batt.Here is the qustion how do i wire the tele flex volt gage so that i can get a volt reading on 1 batt .Then when i switch the pergo switch over to lets say batt 2 i then get the volt reading from this batt.This gage has 4 terminals on it 1 for the light power. 2 ground 3 ignition this terminal just has the letter I next to it so i am assuming it means ignition 4 this terminal has the letter S next to it .Any help will help. Thank you Tony

Nothing like google.
Try this for a start:
http://www.jamestowndistributors.co...TMTechCat-Instruments(v4_0)Tech Reference.pdf

The meter will read what is in the circuit it is connected to.
If your main is on #1, it will read stat on #1, the same on #2. If on 'both' it will read the 'average' of both batteries. If switching to 'both' and one battery is low, it may take some time before they balance out.
Another option might be to pull a B+ from battery side of the main to a toggle switch. Then by toggling you may read out the stat for each battery.

sorry but i failed to mention the most inportant thing.Yes i agree with your last post but, I do not want the gage to be on all the time.The only option to power off is to turn the pergo switch to the off position and render me no power at all.Lets just say i wire the I terminal to the I side of the starter silinoid.At this point i only have power with the key on witch is what i want.But at this point does,ent the gage only read the battery used to start the motor.At this point lets say i switch from batt 1 too batt 2 will it read just the volts on #2 batt.I,m thinking by running the power off the I side on silinoid it will not let me get the volt reading from batt 2 even with the pergo in the #2 batt position.Or am i not thinking correct on this.Thanks for the help Tony

I guess this is the set-up you have:
dualBatterySglEngine441x370.gif

If you hook your meter up to 'C' it will read whichever battery is 'connected' to 'C' at the moment.
However if you have separate circuits for start and consumption (one battery for each purpose) with a charge splitter/diode, situation get a bit different.
If you want to read the voltage on the battery without having to turn the Perko, you have to use a toggle switch and connect to #1 and #2

Back