Logo

DF 25 v-twin overheating - problem water jet

David R.

Hello everyone on this forum. Sorry for the translation, google translate. I am the owner of a Suzuki DF25 v-twin from 2006. I have had overheating problems since I bought the motor (2nd hand, in 2013). The water jet from the water pump does not work properly at times. The previous owner knew this too. The water jet works well, then without knowing why it decreases and even stops. I changed the impeller, the pump housing (Suzuki original pieces), the base o-rings are ok, new pressure valve and valve housing, motor cleaned and limescale removed, thermostat ok. I do not know anymore. For example, I went to try it last week. The water jet worked perfectly. I stopped the engine for 5 minutes and when I restarted it, no more water jet!
I noticed something strange when disassembling the impeller. Some blades are sometimes inverted, although I am sure to position them correctly during assembly (clockwise mouting). Is it possible for the engine to turn a little backwards when stopping (like motorcycles when you get a kick from the kickstarter)? Thanks for the answers.

Back