Logo

Df140 starving for fuel

Twinnvee33

I have a 2006 DF 140. The motor is running about 1000 RPMs lower than the starboard motor. I have cleaned out both fuel tanks and brand new gas. Replaced the water fuel separator. The blue fuel filter on the outside of the engine. Bypassed the main gas tank with a portable gas tank. The issue is it does not appear that fuel is getting to the motor consistently. The motor will run pretty well for the first two minutes and then will start to stall out and lose horsepower. I am not sure but my next thought would be the fuel pump and high-pressure filter underneath the manifold. Has anybody had any experience with this thank you

Try running the engine with the cowl off. Pre 2008 Suzuki used a steel plug to block off an oxygen sensor port not used in the DF 140, apparently the dissimilar metals would corrode and eventually eat a hole in the block allowing exhaust gas to escape and flood the engine compartment.

This issue has nothing to do with your fuel bulb collapsing but might be a factor in your engine running good for 2 minutes then stalling out.

Back