Logo

2013 60hp mercury 4 stroke

Was runnin the boat and it wouldn’t open all the way up. Continued to run it and heard a clank and now motor is knocking but still running good. Do y’all think it could be a rod or something simple. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I think it’s screwed but I have a little bit of hope. Help please

If you can do the work yourself it might be repairable.------Few big repair shops will take on this type of work.----But step #1 is to drain gear oil.----Then drain engine oil.------Look for metallic sparkles in oil. ----Certain conditions out on the water ( big waves ) are tough on 4 stroke bearings.

If you can do the work yourself it might be repairable.------Few big repair shops will take on this type of work.----But step #1 is to drain gear oil.----Then drain engine oil.------Look for metallic sparkles in oil. ----Certain conditions out on the water ( big waves ) are tough on 4 stroke bearings.
Thanks for the input. I’m gonna try to fix it myself. Can’t afford the shops or then new motor!! 😆🫣

Back