Logo

engine flush kit 1977 235 HP OMC

If you talking about engine muffs/adapter yes you can start engine and run but not above 2000 rpm, if its the factory flush kit that on the drive swivel cover do not start engine as impeller will run dry...

Last edited:
It's the factory flush kit on the swivel cover , there is no way on this lower unit to use the muffs/ adaptor , so submerse the lower unit it is . thanks for the input

motor barrel.jpg

best money i ever spent on maintenance...stock watering tank with a drain plug...about 120 bucks including shipment from amazon...its oblong so you can trim motor in and out of it...check dimensions to make sure your motor will fit......

Last edited:
I did some more research and according to two OMC manuals I can run this engine with the hose adaptor kit that is installed on the lower unit. thanks again for your input.
I do like the idea of the watering trough .

I dug up an ancient ACCESSORIES CATALOGUE .---- It mentions this kit part #172914 and says it can be used with engine RUNNING.

???-------That is the kit.--------------It installs up at the pivot point.---------Look up the similar looking part that it replaces !

Back