Logo

Honda 20HP Engine Stand Recommendations

stagewex

New member
Pulled my 11 foot inflatable yesterday that has a great Honda 20HP outboard on it. Today I'll flush the engine (used in salt water) and put all away for the season. I think I'd like to pull the engine off the transom and store it indoors. I have another small 4hp Yamaha on a wheeled engine stand. I'd like to buy the same for the Honda. Owners manual says my engine is about 104lbs. Mine is pull-start only so not starter or additional electronics. Any recommendations? I don't want to do an overkill buy but certainly don't want to buy something that can't handle the weight. Thanks, Mike
 
I have been using a hand dolly with two pieces of plywood bolted together to act as a “transom” so the engine is clamped to the dolly.

Super handy for transporting the engine from winter storage to the boat. It is a bit unstable if you are working on the engine so I tie the handles to something stable ensuring it won’t fall. The engine sits a bit high so I use a milk crate to lift the barrel if I run the engine.

Working on a photo that isn’t too big.
 
IMG_2454 Medium 2.jpeg


Not sure how I got the extra image inside the main photo but you get the idea
 
Back
Top