Logo

‘89 ish 25hp Johnson electric choke solenoid hose connections

CreatureKid

New member
I have what I believe to be an ‘89 25hp Johnson. Data plate is missing the last digits after VJ25… long story short I thought I had taken pictures of the hoses before pulling the carb to rebuild but apparently I didn’t. Hoping I can get some help verifying I have it connected correctly.
There are 4 ports on the solenoid. One larger nipple and the two smaller ones. One is capped. The smaller one I know for certain should run to the throat of the carb and another nipple of the same diameter just below the carb on the cover for the Reed plates. My question is about the larger one. I believe this one would connect at a tee from the open port on the fuel pump pictured. And from that same tee a line running to the bottom of the float bowl?
 
NO, NO.-----The primer solenoid valve opens when you push the key in while cranking it over.-----Fuel from the fuel pump is then sprayed into the air intake.----Gives you near instant starts.-----So it needs a fuel supply AFTER the pump.
 
NO, NO.-----The primer solenoid valve opens when you push the key in while cranking it over.-----Fuel from the fuel pump is then sprayed into the air intake.----Gives you near instant starts.-----So it needs a fuel supply AFTER the pump.
Thank you racer and flying Scott makes perfect sense I appreciate both of your help.
 
Back
Top