Logo

15 hp "Enduro" Series, 2007, model E15DMH, 2 stroke, 15" shaft

I am considering buying this motor, private sale. Runs good for now --- but every motor needs maintenance, repair and parts. As near as I can determine, this "Enduro Series" may reflect motors manufactured for export from Japan to somewhere other than the U.S. That's just a guess on my part, based on the fact that I do not and cannot actually find the ED15DMH model reflected in any parts catalogs or sources (including here on MarineEngine.com). Engine also says 6B4K, if that helps.

Needless to say, I am concerned about being able to find / identify replacement parts in the future if / when I cannot even find the E15DMH model number listed anywhere with various outboard parts sources in the U.S. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts or specific recommendations? (speculations and / or wild guesses are not particularly helpful). Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
You are correct. An E15DMH was never offered here in the US by Yamaha USA. Therefore, it won't be in any of the parts catalogs that are available at the Yamaha USA website.

The E15DMH model was offered by other Yamaha distributors in other parts of the world. You would need to contact a dealer for the distributor in order to obtain the necessary parts catalog.

6B4K is the prefix for the primary engine identification code.

If you are risk averse the recommendation may be to not purchase the motor. If a bit of a gambler you could take a chance, recognizing that many of the Yamaha USA 15 HP two stroke models share the same parts as an E15.
 
Thanks for the input; much appreciated. I already decided not to proceed with this purchase after a conversation with the Parts counter at my local Yamaha dealer this morning.
I don't have the time or interest to remove old parts and then be forced to play "try to match that part" every time I need parts. No thanks.

My best guess is that this engine may have been a "kicker" on a tender on some big bucks foreign yacht that came into Newport, RI and that the motor was simply left behind in RI when a repair or parts conversation inevitably led to a lot of puzzled expressions and head scratching. In any case, I'm "passing" on that E15DMH.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top