Logo

150 prop shaft seal can’t find

Zachsims

New member
Hi I have a 91 Yamaha 150 and I needed to replace the shaft seal so I bought the oem one by looking at the diagrams but when I went to put it in I realized it wasn’t the same as the one I took out. It was bigger and wouldn’t seed all the way down, the old one was smaller and had a lip around the top, any ideas where I could find the right one I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find the one with the lip around the top, thanks.
 
Is it a different year lower unit on your motor ??-----Take the parts to a shop to get this sorted out and find correct parts.
 
There were four 150 HP models offered by Yamaha USA in 1991. All four used the same part number seal. Same seal that is still being used to this day.

 
There were four 150 HP models offered by Yamaha USA in 1991. All four used the same part number seal. Same seal that is still being used to this day.

That’s the strange thing about this I checked all the models, mines the txrp, and it’s not that, another indication it’s a different lower unit is there was only one seal in it when there should be 2. Is there any way of seeing what lower unit it could be, like a model number somewhere?
 
Back
Top