Logo

1982 Johnson 4.5HP 2-Stroke Driveshaft extremely stuck in crankshaft.

MelonBoi1

Member
Pulled lower unit off for a waterpump and it was so stuck that when it finally came off the driveshaft had pulled the impeller through the housing and broke the housing so the driveshaft is still in the engine. I can’t pull the engine out because the watermpump housing is stuck on the driveshaft still bc the impeller is also so badly stuck. Sorry if this didn’t made sense but this is a friends motor and I need help asap.
 
Stuck driveshaft is common on motors that have been neglected for years.----Why can you not pull the engine out now ????-----This all sounds like simple repair work to me.
 
Ok so the lower unit was stuck, when we finally got it off, the driveshaft was so stuck it had ripped the waterpump housing off so now the waterpump housing is making the engine not able to come out because the waterpump housing gets stuck in the midsection. I will send pics when I can
 
Hard to believe the 4 bolts on water pump housing broke.------That water pump housing should simply slide off the driveshaft.-----I say this if parts are original.-----If parts were modified all bets are off.
 
Believe it or not the bolts held on it just ripped the housing straight off. Crazy, but there is A lot of signs the motor was never taken care of and it clearly was never flushed or had spark plugs changed.
 
I am dealing with a stuck driveshaft also on 7.5. 1981. I soaked it for a month and it will not come out. I have assembled it all back together with the stuck driveshaft. It is very difficult, but I have found out that it can be done where everyone tells me it cannot be done just throw it away. Almost done, hopefully
 
Back
Top