Hi All,
I am looking at options for adding tilt and trim to my '84 Mercury with serial number 06491413. I see some people purchase the components (new and used) and convert the motor or just buy a universal tilt and trim system that you mount your motor to and mount on the transom. When looking up parts for the motor, I noticed it has "trim cylinders" that don't appear to extend very far unlike ones of later years that have long pistons. Did these motors only have power trim and not tilt available? If so, I think that makes my decision to go with the universal system.
Thanks much,
Ed
I am looking at options for adding tilt and trim to my '84 Mercury with serial number 06491413. I see some people purchase the components (new and used) and convert the motor or just buy a universal tilt and trim system that you mount your motor to and mount on the transom. When looking up parts for the motor, I noticed it has "trim cylinders" that don't appear to extend very far unlike ones of later years that have long pistons. Did these motors only have power trim and not tilt available? If so, I think that makes my decision to go with the universal system.
Thanks much,
Ed

