Logo

1988 Evinrude 110 outboard firing order

glll

New member
I may have the spark plug wires mixed up on my 1988 110 Evinrude outboard. Could anyone tell me what coil goes to what cylinder? I have a Evinrude CD but I can't find the information.

Thanks
 
top coils go to top cylinders and bottom coils go to bottom cylinders !------------------Is the motor acting up ???---------How long have you owned it??
 
The starter went out last year and I got it going by pull starting it and using the manual choke. I forgot to put the choke back and flooded it. I took a compression check on it cold and all were at 100. I am sure one of the wires are mixed up. Thanks for your help.
 
I put in a new set of spark plugs and changed the plug wire and it fired up but it will only runs for a few seconds and dies. I have to have the lever up all the way or it even won't fire. I pumped the bulb up and it seems to stay hard. Any suggestions????
 
When a motor fires and quits you may have to push the key in ( as needed )to prime the motor untill it smoothes out.---------If this does not help you may have to clean the carburetors.-----------------Recent purchase or have you owned it for a while??.
 
Just took an 88 110 HP apart today.---------Broken piston rings on #1 and #3 ------------Very common occurance on these crossflow engines !!!
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know the firing order for an Evinrude / Johnson 110hp V4?

I'm trying to figure out if my primary wires from the power pack are swopped around.
Sorry to hijack the post but it is a related question
 
Mark flywheel with TDC for each cylinder.----Check with a timing light.----Model # of your motor ?----Find a wiring diagram at ---maxrules---Website.
 
I am quite familiar with those motors.----I would not be happy with compression at 100 PSI.---But it could be you gauge reads low.
 
Back
Top