Logo

1992 90hp mariner flooding

mckuenr

Hey guys,
My 90hp mariner will start and run, once in awhile. As soon as I shut it off I can turn it over and will not go. Plugs are drenched. I have had the carbs off twice. Needles look fine. I have sprayed and cleaned everything you can eat off them. I'm at a loss. Can pump the primer bulb till it's hard but if I hold pressure on it gas is still moving in slowly. Does anyone have and ideas?

It's a nice bright blue. Stator was just replaced. No spark before that. The engine hasn't ran before this in a number of years. I can normally get to to start by taking the fuel line off, cleaning the plugs, and turning it over half advanced

Could the fuel pump diaphragm cause the flooding issue? Just had it running again. Ran for 5 minutes. Idled. I turned it off. Tried to start it 5 seconds after and nothing. Plugs are soaked. It does smoke more especially when reved up. Thanks for any advice. I'm stumped at this point

That might be what happens just trying to exhaust all other options. Had 10 hours into it today and right back where I started. That poor starter of mine has went above and beyond!

These starters are NOT robust.-----If you damage the starter it will crank slow.-----If flywheel turns slow there will not be any spark generated.

Every time I have checked for spark it's been there. Several times today because you tend to get doubts in these situations. I had thought with one plug out maybe it spun faster and just generated spark when I check it though.

It's a nice bright blue. Stator was just replaced. No spark before that. The engine hasn't ran before this in a number of years. I can normally get to to start by taking the fuel line off, cleaning the plugs, and turning it over half advanced
Do your carbs have a mixture screw ?

Back