Logo

1995 40 hp Mariner Shifting Problems

Cromagnon

New member
I bought a ‘95 40 hp Mariner Magnum that was running fine. Put it on my boat with new cables and control box. Controller shifts the cables fine when they are unattached to motor. I ran into issues once I attached them to the motor. It became very difficult to shift with the motor not running. I messed around with moving the shifter on the motor from F-N-R and the prop and then trying to adjust the cables. Now it is very difficult to put the controller into F and I can’t even get the motor to go into reverse. The problem seems to be the motor and not the controller. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
 
We were trying to adjust the new cables. Also the ignition switch on the new controller wasn’t working so we couldn’t start the motor. The whole situation has been very frustrating and I probably screwed up by shifting the motor while it wasn’t running.
 
Back
Top