Logo

2002 Yamaha F60TRLA Lean Sneeze at idle even after carb clean

Bardeous

New member
hello,

I have a 2002 yamaha F60TRLA outboard that has a lean sneeze issue at idle when warmed up. when cold, it runs a little and then dies out. I've taken the carbs out, disassembled them, cleaned them out with carb cleaner and put them back it. I should note that it sat for a while with old gas in it. I ordered a meter gauge to balance the carbs. could balancing the carbs fix the issue? should I take the carbs out again, go out and purchase an ultrasonic cleaner and clean the carbs? is there something else to check to see if something else is the issue?
 
You carefully drill into the EPA plugs. Just enough to be able to install a screw. Then use a pair of pliers and the screw to extract the plugs from the carburetor.

Having said that, I don't think you really cleaned the carburetors if the idle mixture screw was not removed before the cleaning process. Lesson learned.

IMO it is best to use an ultrasonic cleaner so the job gets done just once. Hopefully.
 
Back
Top