Hi All
I have 2005 3.0 Alpha 1 gen 2 equipped boat that I took on for some repair work.
When I shift it into fwd or rev. the rpms come up a bit approx 400 rpm before the gears engage.
Basically the throttle is opening prior to shifting. It grinds going into reverse.
Base idle is OK and on the low side.
No stalling, but the Morse throttle control lever is stiff.
I have dealt with sticky short cables and poor adjustments in the past but have never seen anything quite like this.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Misfit
I have 2005 3.0 Alpha 1 gen 2 equipped boat that I took on for some repair work.
When I shift it into fwd or rev. the rpms come up a bit approx 400 rpm before the gears engage.
Basically the throttle is opening prior to shifting. It grinds going into reverse.
Base idle is OK and on the low side.
No stalling, but the Morse throttle control lever is stiff.
I have dealt with sticky short cables and poor adjustments in the past but have never seen anything quite like this.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Misfit

