Logo

92 Evinrude 30 hp won't throttle up

leroylewis

New member
My 30 hp will putt around just fine, when I attempt to get up on plane it stalls or sputters. Sounds like it's starved for fuel.
Tank is vented w/ new ball and fuel line.
Any ideas?
Fuel pump?
Crack in vacuum line?
Carb issues?
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Leroy
 
Not a lot of info to go with. I would check the carb if you haven't cleaned it in a long time. Get yourself carb repair kit. Make sure you clean your carb well and make sure the jet has a clean hole through it.
If it's not the carb, it might be your fuel pump. You can check it fairly easily by unplugging the fuel line when the motor is running.
Any extra air (cracked fuel line at any point) will do the same, check those as well.
 
Carb was cleaned and retuned last yr. Then #25 snapped off. Replaced that but not sure if i put #22 back in correctly or at all. I'm guessing that's where the problem is. Hard to see if it's there or not. Carb looks to be a pain in the ass to remove with the starter solenoid right next to it but I think i have to go there. It's a 92 so don't want to dump a lot of $ into it.


1720636355377.png
 
Back
Top