Logo

Add a fuel flow meter to 2006 496 Mag

67-LS1

Member
I got a quote from Floscan -$1145 !
Then I got to thinking, is this info in the ECM and can it be extracted and used to drive a gauge?
 
I got a quote from Floscan -$1145 !
Then I got to thinking, is this info in the ECM and can it be extracted and used to drive a gauge?
A sensor would need to be inline with the fuel flow- I would contact the boat manufacturer and get the build sheet, based on the HID.

What nav equipment do you have? If it's Garmin or other brand that's NMEA2000 compatible without adapters (NOT Raymarine), you can add an aftermarket flow sensor for less, but it still needs to be installed and that can add $500 or more, depending on the boat and the efficiency of the installer.
 
The fuel flow rate is a calculated value in the ECU...the Flow Scan measures an actual (average) value..

If the calculated value is 'good enough' for your needs, then something like a SmartCraft is probably the easiest way to go...
 
Back
Top