Logo

Anyone familiar with the lower units and driveshafts from SEI?

Canadianwalleye

Regular Contributor
i Recently bought a lower unit from sei. They told me all I needed in order to make the new unit work on my old 1978 Evinrude 115hp model number 115899c was a new drive shaft from them. I ordered it and got it in the mail. I’m in the process of installing it but the driveshaft does not have a key slot. Where and how do I install the water pump without it? I’m confused and lost hahha.
Thanks everyone.
 
Their driveshafts use the new style impeller with wedge key....get ya a new style one and you'll be ready to go!!!!
 
Their driveshafts use the new style impeller with wedge key....get ya a new style one and you'll be ready to go!!!!
You were right in the money. Needed a new style impeller and key for the driveshaft which they neglected to inform me. Thank you. I’m on the water as I’m typing this!!!
 
Back
Top