Logo

AQ225D power steering oil cooler, 1985 Sportcraft Fisherman

Walleye4Days

Contributing Member
So, I've noticed there is a pretty heavy leak on the bottom of this cooler (probably just gave way finally with all the freezing temps and etc this winter) and I cannot find another replacement of this style ANYWHERE. It's P/N 851376 and I have only been able to find junk ones.

It has an odd 90 outlet at the bottom with a hose that goes to the impeller housing, so a straight through style replacement won't work because the Alternator belt is in the way right below it.

So, anyone have any fix ideas or advice on how to reroute or use something different, etc?
 
So, I've noticed there is a pretty heavy leak on the bottom of this cooler (probably just gave way finally with all the freezing temps and etc this winter) and I cannot find another replacement of this style ANYWHERE.

Ayuh,...... It'll do that every time it freezes, unless you drain it,......
 
Ayuh,...... It'll do that every time it freezes, unless you drain it,......

Lol, I'm aware it'd freeze out and crack if it wasn't winterized, lol. I was referring to the moisture in the air/ohio random hot one day and then freezing temps the next. With older thin metal that's already been cracked and repaired halfass (this one appears to be some job weld stuff of sorts) it ends up expanding/contracting and re-cracking.

Sorry if I worded it odd originally, lol.
 
Ahh! Ok, so I can just re-solder/braze it then. Perfect! Rick, I was under the impression it was a completely stamped unit like a pop can with an insert dropped in. Makes much more sense after finding your links extremely helpful. Everything I was finding was newer or different style coolers.

Thank you very much guys.
 
Back
Top