Logo

Ayuh,... I have a Secret,....

Ayuh,... I was staring to think nobody was interested in my Secret,...

Quite a few views, 'n no responses for Days...

Ahhhh, Bondo, this is a truly appreciated service you provide!! Few is any of us would be able to readily access these manuls
if not for you. These should be put into the sticky files!!!

Ayuh, free is a good thing sometimes. Like this very forum, for example. :)

Supporting the forum by encouraging people to buy parts and manuals from MarineEngine.com always appreciated. That's what keeps it free and uncluttered by advertising. I do understand... a secret like that is pretty hard to resist.

-James

Ayuh, free is a good thing sometimes. Like this very forum, for example. :)

Supporting the forum by encouraging people to buy parts and manuals from MarineEngine.com always appreciated. That's what keeps it free and uncluttered by advertising. I do understand... a secret like that is pretty hard to resist.

-James

Ayuh,... Absolutely,...
I don't believe in a free ride either, 'n try to lead posters to help payin' the rent, at whatever forum I'm at....

To offend is not my intent here,... I hope I haven't offended yerself James, nor Andrew...

I'd recommend anybody using my secret to save whatever they find to their harddrive, 'n burn to a disc at yer earliest convenience...

Maybe This will work better for everybody,...

2008 Service Manual Index
includes SN ranges on newer manuals.

#1 ---- Engines & Drives All 1963–1973

#2---- Engines & Drives All 1974–1977

#3---- Engines: 4‑Cylinder, L6 & V8 All 1978–1984

#4---- Sterndrives: MC 120 to 260 All 1978–1982

#5---- Sterndrives: TR and TRS All 1978–1993

#6---- Sterndrives: R, MR, Alpha One & Alpha One SS All 1983–1990

#7---- Engines: GM V6 All 1983–1993

#8---- Engines: MM 4‑Cylinder All 1985–1989 (aka 470's)

#9---- Engines: GM V8 All 1985–1988

#10--- Engines: GM 4‑Cylinder All 1985–1989

#11--- Sterndrives: Bravo All 1988–1998

#13--- Engines: GM 4‑Cylinder All 1990–1997

#14--- Sterndrives: Alpha One Gen II All 1991– Present

#15--- Engines: GM V8 All except High Performance 1989–1992

#16--- Engines: GM V8 454cid & 502cid Gen V–Gen VI 1993–1997

#17--- Engines: GM V8 305cid & 350cid All 1993–1997

#18--- Engines: GM V6 Gen II Balance Shaft All 1993–1997

#22--- Engines: V8 7.3L (IDI) Diesel All 1994–1996

#23--- Engines: GM V8 Gen VI Big Block 1998–2001

#24--- Engines: GM V8 305cid & 350cid All 1998–2001

#24 S- Suppliment-Engines: GM V8 377cid (6.2L) All 2000–2001

#25--- Engines: GM V6 1998 -

#26--- Engines: GM 4‑Cylinder SN 0L010042– 1998– Newer

#27--- Engines: V8 D7.3L D‑Tronic (DI) Diesel All 1998–2002

#27 S- Suppliment to manual #27

#28--- Bravo Sterndrives 2000–2005

#29--- Engines: Sterndrive D1.7L DTI In‑Line Diesel 2000–

#30--- Engines: 8.1L (496cid) 2000-2008

#31--- Engines: 5.0L (305cid), 5.7L (350cid) and 6.2L (377cid) 2001-

#32--- Engines: Sterndrive 4.3L MPI SN 0M300000– 2001–

#33--- PCM 555 Diagnostics 2000–2008 BBC

#35--- Precision Pilot All 2001–

#36--- ECM 555 Diagnostics 2001–2008 SBC

#37--- Dry Joint Exhaust System 2002 - Newer

#39--- Bravo Sterndrives, 2004-Newer

#40--- Engines: Gen III Cool Fuel 2004-Newer

#41--- Engines: Turn Key Start (TKS) 2004-Newer

Vazer

James, Andrew, It'd be nice if 1 of ya could edit/ delete the links in my previous posts, 'n We can go with this post...
These links work, 'n it don't pass through the competition's page...

I also wanta say Thank you to Don, for allowin' me use of his links to share with My friends,...
Don is a Great guy, 'n darn Good friend...
Thanks Don,...

Bill,...

Last edited by a moderator:
As a professional artist, I find all this particularly offensive.
These manuals are copyrighted materials that have been stolen and put on the web. Just because something has been put out there and is free to obtain, doesn't mean you should take it. Using these files constitutes fraud and violates the owner's copyrights. By downloading these you are stealing, doesn't matter who put them up or why. Assisting or directing others to these copyrighted files may not be stealing in and of itself, but it is awfully skeevy.

If Mercruiser has an authorized site where they provide these manuals for free, then I would love to see it.

I encourage everyone to actually buy these manuals from the publisher, who spent lots of time and effort to put them together. Preferably thru our host. I can't believe that as boat owners, you can't cough up the dough for a manual.
I hope the forum administrator will kill this thread.

Sorry to say Bondo, that I find your actions quite.....disappointing.

Last edited:
DUDE GET A LIFE!!!

I allready have several of them in hard copy. I spent enough money ($ tens of thousands) with Mercury over the years that a few free service manuals wont hurt there bottom line from me anyways..............

I downloaded em all and made a dozen copies on dvd and will gladly give em to anyone I know who wants em................

The web is free for everyone (so to speak) (access typically cost money)........but the few who can and do, good for them.

When I purchased my motorcycle I also purchased the service manuals from HD, recently someone posted them all in PDF.
Good for them. If it was available when I purchased mine I would have downloaded it, printed it at work for FREE and put it in a three ring binder in plastic sleeves for free also............

As a professional artist, I find all this particularly offensive.
These manuals are copyrighted materials that have been stolen and put on the web. Just because something has been put out there and is free to obtain, doesn't mean you should take it. Using these files constitutes fraud and violates the owner's copyrights. By downloading these you are stealing, doesn't matter who put them up or why. Assisting or directing others to these copyrighted files may not be stealing in and of itself, but it is awfully skeevy.

If Mercruiser has an authorized site where they provide these manuals for free, then I would love to see it.

I encourage everyone to actually buy these manuals from the publisher, who spent lots of time and effort to put them together. Preferably thru our host. I can't believe that as boat owners, you can't cough up the dough for a manual.
I hope the forum administrator will kill this thread.

Sorry to say Bondo, that I find your actions quite.....disappointing.

I agree with kghost. I just spent $85 for an 11 year old NOS factory manual from Mercury. Do you think those greedy bastards already made multi-thousands of dollars off of publishing/selling the manual I purchased during the last 11 years? I think they should have included all of the technical bulletins and revisions from the past 11 years w/the damn manual, but they didn't! Don't leave an open cookie jar on the counter if you don't want anyone to eat from it! We are not stealing trade secrets here; just viewing the merchandise they make available. Keep your panties on if you don't want me to see your booty.

So, the publisher's wrong to charge money for the manual, they should give you a copy because you have spent money with them before, the should not get any compensation for updates, and they are the greedy bastards? Pot calling the kettle black there.
I don't think they are greedy bastards. I think they are hard working Americans like you and taking for free what you are supposed to be paying for is taking money out of their pockets. I call it stealing. That's why we have copyright laws, but people like you want to ignore someone else's hard work just to make you own life easier. Lazy bum. They didn't put that stuff out there for the taking, some other lowlife did. Now you come along and take it. How is that not stealing? Just because something is in plain sight does not mean you can just walk off with it, whether it's cookies, candy, a car or a movie or a book or whatever.
You are trying to defend an indefensible position.

Well I too agree that there is nothing wrong with posting these on the internet!!! I happen to think it's a good idea. I know it helps me alot!

02batsea-I want to keep knowledge concealed- yea right!!

Bondo- A BIG thank you.

Last edited:
I paid for the manual I use. Were you one of those college professors I had that assembled some crap material together w/a copy machine, got a copyright for it then forced the poor students to buy it for $395 as a required reading in a mandatory class? I'll bet that you never sampled a grape in a supermarket either? You win! Don't you have something better to do? Go back to your cave and leave us alone. Please!

Don't you have something better to do? Go back to your cave and leave us alone. Please!

Could not agree more!!

Ya there are some who's moral compass is all messed up. I bet he voted for OBAMA! Thinks there is no issues with the federal gov, and we can simply print money to get ourselves out of this economic situation and that spending tax payer money for "shovel ready" projects over and over again is the only way to go............

YeeeeeHaaaaaw!!!

Give me some of dat cool aide you be drinkin..............

If stealing copyrighted material is OK in your book, then do whatever you want, thief. You are right up there with the guys at Wikileaks.

Stealer.

Scumbag lowlife.

No offense taken by the posting of the downloads. It it what it is, some people are in favor of that sort of thing and some are not. But considering the fact that we make a living (and keep this forum free) by selling repair manuals I can't really leave links to the downloads.

If you want to share maybe Private Message is the way to go, or email.

And if you feel the need get feisty with each other over a difference of opinion, take it private. I'd rather not see insults, name calling and people yelling at one another.

Can we put this one to rest now, guys? -James

I guess this is what is meant when the term no good deed goes unpunished applies?
I am not an attorney but believe you commit a copyright violation when you copy copyrighted material and SELL IT, giving it away for free is not illegal.
I also never understood if the manuals from merc and volvo were exclusive copyrighted materials how seloc manuals etc. came about and are sold at most boating supply stores.

Bondo and all the others, Thank you again for having the foresight to continually help people take the frustration that sometimes happens when the boat decides to have problems,I am not a boat mechanic but have been an industrial electrician for 30 years, anything I can help with send me a PM, will try my best.

I guess this is what is meant when the term no good deed goes unpunished applies?
I am not an attorney but believe you commit a copyright violation when you copy copyrighted material and SELL IT, giving it away for free is not illegal.

It absolutely is

I also never understood if the manuals from merc and volvo were exclusive copyrighted materials how seloc manuals etc. came about and are sold at most boating supply stores.

Sealoc pays a royalty

Bondo and all the others, Thank you again for having the foresight to continually help people take the frustration that sometimes happens when the boat decides to have problems,I am not a boat mechanic but have been an industrial electrician for 30 years, anything I can help with send me a PM, will try my best.

Apologies to all for the name calling. As you can tell this is a sensitive subject for me as copyright infringement directly affects me and my income.
It affects you too since content creators have to have legions of lawyers to try to keep intelligent media theft to a minimum. As consumers, you carry these costs when you go to a movie, read a book, or surf the web. Admittedly its a tough fight, but an important one.

No offense taken by the posting of the downloads. It it what it is, some people are in favor of that sort of thing and some are not. But considering the fact that we make a living (and keep this forum free) by selling repair manuals I can't really leave links to the downloads.

If you want to share maybe Private Message is the way to go, or email.

And if you feel the need get feisty with each other over a difference of opinion, take it private. I'd rather not see insults, name calling and people yelling at one another.

Can we put this one to rest now, guys? -James

Ayuh,... Sorry James,... This isn't what I envisioned....

Well now I am pi**ed!!! It only takes 1 bad apple to spoil the bunch which is exactly what happened here! I don't know why I'm surprised, it's just the way of the world now a days.

I agree with kghost. I just spent $85 for an 11 year old NOS factory manual from Mercury. Do you think those greedy bastards already made multi-thousands of dollars off of publishing/selling the manual I purchased during the last 11 years?
Check out the price of a new merc racing 1350. I grabbed what I could while the grabbing was good!

Back