Logo

BF50D Fuel pump issue

Update on the HP pump issue. First a huge thanks to avh for laying out for me the procedure to access the HP pump. I followed the instructions and managed it ok. Also a thanks to iang6766 who made me aware of the possible other issues. I took a pragmatic approach and first changed oil and filter + spark plugs. No change still cutting out after 15/20 mins. Then changed thermostat, No change. Replaced the injectors, No change. Replaced HP fuel filter, No Change. Replaced LP fuel screen, No change. So I was left with tackling the VST and this Grommet, Well today thanks to the contributions from this forum I stripped the VST out and found the offending Grommet. There it was bottomed out, clearly showing indentation on the end of the grommet. So cut the first section away and refitted everything and heypresto the motor ran great with no cut out after 15/20 minutes, so ran for a further 30. No problems apparent. Really surprised that Honda produced a motor with this built in fault, it rather knocks the reliability reputation. Hope that this will help others who have the same symptom's. Its daunting at first but when taken step by step it can be done.

Back