Tattoomike
Member
Looking over my EVINRUDE 9.9 1975 engine there's a little bit of black rubbery thing that's too big to exit the little 1/4 " exhaust holes on the upper part of the lower unit....
It's sprays a good volume of water after a few seconds of running out the upper exhaust hole so the water pump is functional for sure but I have a feeling that it has lost a arm or 2 off of it and it's stuck in the exhaust....
It looks like an arm of the impeller...
Would it end up there if an arm broke off?
I know that the pump is orriginal.
From 1975... So imma replace it anyway since I've just about replaced or rebuilt...everything... Else.
When I remove the lower unit will I have access to the upper exhaust ports one the LOWER unit?
It runs great... Pumps alot of water... But I know that's not good to have what appears to be a impeller arm...
Any thoughts? ..
Other than a complete water pump OMC oem part replacement part.... Do I need other stuff?
I need to change lower unit oil too.... What is the requirements of the gear oil? Gl5?
Thanks in advance... Mike Berry
It's sprays a good volume of water after a few seconds of running out the upper exhaust hole so the water pump is functional for sure but I have a feeling that it has lost a arm or 2 off of it and it's stuck in the exhaust....
It looks like an arm of the impeller...
Would it end up there if an arm broke off?
I know that the pump is orriginal.
From 1975... So imma replace it anyway since I've just about replaced or rebuilt...everything... Else.
When I remove the lower unit will I have access to the upper exhaust ports one the LOWER unit?
It runs great... Pumps alot of water... But I know that's not good to have what appears to be a impeller arm...
Any thoughts? ..
Other than a complete water pump OMC oem part replacement part.... Do I need other stuff?
I need to change lower unit oil too.... What is the requirements of the gear oil? Gl5?
Thanks in advance... Mike Berry

