Logo

e15rcde 1986 milkshake like fluid on pistons and plugs seems

rockfisher805

New member
i I had like this sludge on my spark plugs so I tore the head off and the Pistons tops were covered in the same stuff i think it came from the out of the propeller maybe some gear oil got mixed with water and it went into the bucket I was using to cool my engine my question is how did this stuff get into my spark plugs in on my pistons. it was also in the water jacket around the pistons is this from a blown head gasket were from the cracked block I'm not sure if I should dig into it more just replace the head gasket
 
here are some pictures of the cylinders and pistons
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140618_065838_263.jpg
    IMG_20140618_065838_263.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 106
From what you describe it's a bad head gasket, letting water into the cylinders. It mixes with the gas, and makes the milkshake stuff. And from looking at the pic of the gasket, it looks like its the problem. Change out the gasket, torque down the head properly, and hopefully you're good to go.
 
Agreed the gasket was leaking. The exhaust cover gaskets may also be leaking, squirting water in through the exhaust ports.

It is not "gear oil coming up from the prop".
 
hey thanks all for th replies I will try to get a new gasket and see if that takes care of the problem. as for the same kind of stuff coming out to the prop that should be remedied by getting new exhaust housing gaskets?
 
Back
Top