Logo

Evinrude E10RCOM Ignition coils Mounting

JL185

New member
Hi All
A few years back i restored my 9.9 engine from when i was kid. I replaced the ignition coils, Spark plug wires and most of the gaskets. I was running good I stored it away in my garage and a mouse got in it and made a big mess of everything. So I cleaned it up fixed some chewed wires and for some reason I am not getting spark to the 2nd cylinder. I tested both coils with the ohm meter they are good. I think i have a grounding issue. I cant remember how the coils mount to the block and where the grounds straps go to. Also the bottom coil mount where the screw goes is stripped I think I have to replace it with a helicoil anyone know the size?. Think that might be causing the issue? Also the fiber washers are all destroyed so I am not sure if i need to replace them too? I cant find a good diagram online. Sorry for all the question Thanks!
 
Back
Top