Logo

Exhaust pipes retrofit

GermanL

Good day collegues,
My name is German Larionov. I am the head of the ICE laboratory at the State University of the Maritime and Inland Shipping. My staff and me would like to ask you yfor your advice on one sensitive issue. Our laboratory received a small, 25-foot-long yacht, 15 years old. During a quick inspection of the equipment, we noted that to get it up and running we needed to refit the exhaust pipes, which are 6.5-inch diameter fiberglass pipes with rubber elbows and expansion joints at the ends. Could you please advise how long the pipe needs to be inserted inside the rubber fittings to ensure high reliability of the connection and its exceptional tightness. We will use two clamps on each side, width 19 mm. Thank you in advance.

Could you please advise how long the pipe needs to be inserted inside the rubber fittings to ensure high reliability of the connection and its exceptional tightness. We will use two clamps on each side, width 19 mm.
Ayuh,.... As far as possible, several inches,....
Squirt some Quicksilver Power Tune into the rubber couplers to lube 'em, so they'll slip together,....

Back