Logo

HONDA BFP60 beeping whilst in gear both reverse and idle

timddo

New member
Hi guys,

I have a bfp60 honda outboard tiller.

at idle there seems to be nothing wrong, however when put into gear, occasionally it will start beeping constantly at 1 second intervals and at random points it will cease with an ending 'beep' persay. just one note different at the end and will stop for a bit.

during this alarm, the engine does not run any different to usual and will run normally at ALL speeds. just a sound alarm.

I did empty the water separator under the engine cowling which might've had a bit of water due to the rain and me washing the fuel tank area recently.

any ideas? how do i get the code out of the engine to check the problem.

Literally runs sweet in every aspect apart from the alarm.
 
Hi,
I have no experience with this model but you might want to try unplugging the O2 sensor and checking the connector pins and sockets for corrosion.

Maybe try some contact cleaner on them and make sure that they make good connection when plugged in.
If the pins are of the blade style, a slight twist of the pin with needle nose pliers can improve contact.

You could also try running with that sensor unplugged to see if the alarm will stop but don't unplug or reconnect it while the engine is running or the key switch is in the run position.

I don't know if it's possible to connect it to the diagnostic software but if so, it could be worth the trouble and expense to have that done.

Good luck.
 
I see that the price is lower for that sensor (35655-ZZ3-003) on Parts Pak. Still, $259 is pretty expensive to me so I wouldn't want to buy one unnecessarily.

Good luck.
 
You need to read the codes, unplugging sensors on a BF60 will trigger alarm and check engine light. You can read the codes the same way as the older efi motors. just check you tube reading honda outboard service codes.
 
Back
Top