Logo

Honda Mclaren M300

maxthrottle

Contributing Member
Repowered my 2006 Everglades 290CC and replaced the original BF225's with a pair of Honda Mclaren M300's last month.
The process took much longer than I anticipated because I had to purchase the M300's from a new boat manufacturer in Florida and then ship to a Honda dealer in NJ for installation. Good news the new engines are installed in the original bolt holes and my old BF225's are making waves in California. I'm trying to unlock the performance with correct propellers, for some crazy reason the dealer put on a pair of 14.25 x 21's they are redlining at about 45MPH, the dealer is swapping out for a pair of 15.25 x 21 tomorrow for hopefully better top end of better than 50MPH and lower rpm cruise. IMO, The Honda HD5 instrumentation for dual engines is terrible, very tiny and hard to read, and only provide fuel consumption for one engine, not both? my 20 year old round gages were better. I'm told Honda has a 7" display with more information but they are backordered. Is anyone else on this forum using a dual M300 set up? If so, I'd like to know your thoughts on propellers and Honda instrumentation or how to interface the Honda NMEA 2000 network to display on my Garmin 8212's, Thank you, Bob
 
Back
Top