Logo

How to check Fuel Pressure on BF225. Where to get the fitting?

Nasty Wendy

Regular Contributor
Hello Marine Engineers,
I'm new to the forum and glad I found ya'll. I'll help with whatever I can. I am looking forward to sharing and receiving information to keep our outboards propelling.

Yes I have a question. I own a pair of 2002 BF225s. What size is it and where can I get the fitting that allows me to connect a fuel pressure gauge to the pressure check port at the fuel pump?:confused:

Best I could come up with is M6x1.00 for the bolt so I would need a Male M6x1.00 to 1/8 NPT adapter fitting. That is not the easiest thing to find so I was wondering if there was a trick I'm not aware of to get a gauge on these engines.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
 
Just to be clear - are you asking about the 6 mm pressure relief bolt on the top of the cover to the high pressure fuel filter? Item 40 at:
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...02/BF225A2 XA/VAPOR SEPARATOR ASSY/parts.html

Don't you mean a 1/4" NPT? i.e. 6.35 mm?

Any good auto parts store should have the adapter. If not, Grainger online should.

Thanks for the assistance chawk_man. Yes that's the bolt. AutoZONE nor OReilly's have the right adapter. The Autoparts places use fittings that connect to schrader valves on fuel rails. Grainger was stumped when I asked for it. That's why I thought maybe I had the size wrong. I'd be fine with 1/8 or 1/4 NPT as I can easily adapt that end to fit a gauge or buy the gauge in either size.

Thanks for tbat info as well Skooter. I'll check our Harbor Freight.
 
Back
Top