Logo

Is it worth $250 for a 30 HP "parts motor"?

bulletbob

Member
Local guy said he'll take $250.. I checked it out last year, it has fuel/spark/good compression but will not start or even sputter a tiny bit when cranking.. best guess I can muster is a sheared off crankshaft key, but I am not sure... Spark looked hot and strong, lots of 'snap' but I used a plug not a spark tester.. Comes with controls.. Not sure of lower unit of course,,, Looks even cleaner in person, was stored in a barn... Would you guys take a chance.. he had it for 400, and then 350 when it would not start, and will take $250 as a non runner.. Not sure of the going rate for something like this with a bunch of question marks.. Might be a $20 quick fix, or a tangled up nightmare... Itlooked real good last year, but again, could not get it running in the sellers yard with good gas and strong battery,,, Not even a sputter.. I think comp was even at about 120 or so if I recall correctly
421731970_705196541554138_3984787384749979006_n.jpg
... bob
 

Attachments

  • 421731970_705196541554138_3984787384749979006_n.jpg
    421731970_705196541554138_3984787384749979006_n.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 71
Absolutely worth the money. The compression tells the tale. Parts for these engines are not expensive at all. If I knew where it is and it was not too far I would buy it in a heartbeat.
 
Back
Top