Logo

Johnson 50hp 2003

Chad4144

I have a 2003 Johnson 50hp 2 stroke. It has a 2 new Carbonator and fuel pump. I am not sure on the condition of the impeller but the stream is very strong. It has good compression in both cylinders. Spark is good.
The motors starts in choke but will die in idle. It does not seem to run well out of choke. The previous owner said it has a miss.

I really appreciate any help you can offer.

Need to post actual compression values here.---There should be no need to replace these simple carburetors.----What fuel pump is on it?-----What happens if you push the key in to activate the electric primer valve ?----Does the motor pick up and keep running ?

Need to post actual compression values here.---There should be no need to replace these simple carburetors.----What fuel pump is on it?-----What happens if you push the key in to activate the electric primer valve ?----Does the motor pick up and keep running ?
I do not know what pump is on it. It was taken to a mechanic by the last owner. I do not have any info. It seems to prime good. starts right up in choke. It will keep running in high RPMs.

Back