Hey folks!
I have Mercury 2006 9.9 kicker and it just won't rev up. It seems like running rich with lots smoke coming from exhaust when revved up then often dies when released throttle.
So far I cleaned carburator multiple times and checked all the orifices. Replaced accelerator pump diaphragm (had some cracks) but it didnt change anything.
Soaked cylinders with deep creep for two days.
Compression is 148 top and 138 bottom.
Checked exhaust manifold? (right bellows the power head with 6 bolts) - it had some wet soot but nothing changed after cleaning.
I've been adjusting mixture screw both ways with minimum improvement.
Not sure where to go from now. Any suggestions?
I have Mercury 2006 9.9 kicker and it just won't rev up. It seems like running rich with lots smoke coming from exhaust when revved up then often dies when released throttle.
So far I cleaned carburator multiple times and checked all the orifices. Replaced accelerator pump diaphragm (had some cracks) but it didnt change anything.
Soaked cylinders with deep creep for two days.
Compression is 148 top and 138 bottom.
Checked exhaust manifold? (right bellows the power head with 6 bolts) - it had some wet soot but nothing changed after cleaning.
I've been adjusting mixture screw both ways with minimum improvement.
Not sure where to go from now. Any suggestions?

