Logo

Mercury 3.3 won't start unless fuel primed into carb.

symbiotico

New member
Hello. My mercury 3.3 won't start normally unless I prime some fuel into the carb. I have cleaned all the carb needles and lines, reed valves look fine and I do get vacuum when cranking. I'm out of ideas!!! Please help.
 
There possibly could be a air leak somwhere or the fuel valve on the side of the motor could be not fully opening? Did you check the float in the carb? and also does it run fine under load when you prime some fuel into the carb?
 
Yes, I did checked the valve and cleaned it. I also checked the o ring on the carb so no air leaks. The float is fine, it closes and opens normally. No clue!!!
 
Pull the drain plug on the carb to see if there is fuel in the bowl. If there's fuel in the bulb, you've got something in the carb. If there's no fuel in the bowl, you have a problem getting fuel to the carb. What year model is it?
 
Back
Top