Hi everyone,
I’m from Germany and currently working on a Mercury 50hp 2-stroke (3-cylinder, mid-90s model).
My stator is failing and the original part number I found is 398-9710A22, my engine SN is 9727564
I’ve been looking for a replacement and I see many similar parts like:
All of them are listed as fitting 45Jet / 50 / 55 / 60hp 3-cylinder engines, but I’ve also read that not all of them are fully interchangeable depending on the CDI / flywheel setup.
My questions are:
Any experience or advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
I’m from Germany and currently working on a Mercury 50hp 2-stroke (3-cylinder, mid-90s model).
My stator is failing and the original part number I found is 398-9710A22, my engine SN is 9727564
I’ve been looking for a replacement and I see many similar parts like:
- 9710A21
- 9710A23
- 9710A28
- 9710A34
All of them are listed as fitting 45Jet / 50 / 55 / 60hp 3-cylinder engines, but I’ve also read that not all of them are fully interchangeable depending on the CDI / flywheel setup.
My questions are:
- Are these 9710Axx stators actually interchangeable in practice?
- Is there any real difference between A21 / A22 / A23 / A34 versions ?
- What is the safest replacement option for a 1990s 50hp 3-cylinder Mercury?
Any experience or advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited:

