Logo

Mooring Cover?

pwskicat

Regular Contributor
Hello all. I live in Metro Detroit, and my boats are exposed to full sun, wind and rain during our boating season (May - October). I need an over-bimini or over-tower cover for my 1995 Ski Sanger DLX20. Over 30 years of boating in my area, only this type of cover has a steep enough drop-off to shed heavy rains. I have long experience with covers that only cover passenger compartment, all of which, despite trying every type of cover support, collapsed when the big water came down. I'm having trouble finding an online vendor who makes the kind of cover I need with great product and customer service. The last cover I bought from coveranything.com faded to Pepto pink and started tearing after ONE season. I sent them photos and asked them to honor their warranty which had just expired. They told me my experience "was normal wear and tear"; end of conversation. I've priced covers from my local canvas shops who do great work, but want $3000-3500 for Sunbrella, $2500-3000 for a less expensive fabric. Unfortunately, I'm not able to spend that kind of $$$. If you have had personal experience with a good vendor, Pls answer with their web address. Many thanks for your help, PW P.S. I can't attach pics. I've always been able to B4.

Ayuh,...... Quality doesn't come cheap,...... sorry,....
Ayuh.... to a point. I live, not by choice but by employment, in the wealthiest county in Michigan. I can do so because I built a house here 30 years ago. I could no more afford to move in now than win a Nobel Prize. The McMansions that ring the lake (my home not being one of them) have replaced all the humble homes that were common when I moved in. Their docks host $75k pontoons and $100k+ wakesports boats or both. These customers don't care what they spend, and they are the ones our local canvas shops target. So do all the marine service shops. A tune-up for my 95 Mercruiser V8, including wake test, is $1,000. I did it a couple seasons back for $150 in parts. I'm glad you have the $$$ to purchase that kind of "quality." I don't.

Ayuh.... to a point. I live, not by choice but by employment, in the wealthiest county in Michigan. I can do so because I built a house here 30 years ago. I could no more afford to move in now than win a Nobel Prize. The McMansions that ring the lake (my home not being one of them) have replaced all the humble homes that were common when I moved in. Their docks host $75k pontoons and $100k+ wakesports boats or both. These customers don't care what they spend, and they are the ones our local canvas shops target. So do all the marine service shops. A tune-up for my 95 Mercruiser V8, including wake test, is $1,000. I did it a couple seasons back for $150 in parts. I'm glad you have the $$$ to purchase that kind of "quality." I don't.
Ayuh,.... I hear ya, but you want a custom set-up, rather than the typical off the shelf canvas, so goin' to a custom canvas shop is 'bout yer only option,....

Maybe look further away, in a poorer area,...
Or, buy a sewing machine, 'n build yer own,...

Ayuh,.... I hear ya, but you want a custom set-up, rather than the typical off the shelf canvas, so goin' to a custom canvas shop is 'bout yer only option,....

Maybe look further away, in a poorer area,...
Or, buy a sewing machine, 'n build yer own,...
I flunked Home EC. I forgot to mention that I'm okay with a semi-custom fit, which is what I've always used in the past. I'll post again when the boat is on the hoist with its new cover.

Back