eclipseguy
Member
Every time a look up a OE part number I end using many different engine numbers to find the correct part.
This engine is like someone built it from 10 different engines!
I am looking to replace the lower unit on this.
Looking at mercury parts online
I see there is a difference in the shaft length (long/short).
Many different part numbers due to color I think.
There can't be many differences in the lower units except shaft length right?
Rotation and gear ratio should all be the same right?
What is the best way to measure the drive shaft length?
Thanks guys
This engine is like someone built it from 10 different engines!
I am looking to replace the lower unit on this.
Looking at mercury parts online
I see there is a difference in the shaft length (long/short).
Many different part numbers due to color I think.
There can't be many differences in the lower units except shaft length right?
Rotation and gear ratio should all be the same right?
What is the best way to measure the drive shaft length?
Thanks guys

